BLOMMEKLOOF COUNTRY COTTAGES
Blommekloof is situated in the Leeukloof Valley, near Ruiterbos - off the R328 (the Robinsons Pass from Mossel Bay / Hartenbos to Oudtshoorn).
Make lasting memories – and relax completely – when you breakaway to this self-catering farm cottages! Off-the-grid: they have installed a solar farm
and took Blommekloof off the grid early in 2016 – it is now a big solar farm.
OLD COTTAGE: Relax on the stoep at the cottage and let your eyes rest on the birds on the water of the lake in front of you. This lovely, historic
labourer's house – which they have restored in style. Old Cottage has low ceilings, thick walls, flat roof, huge personality. With three bedrooms (2 rooms
with double beds and third one with single beds) and a sleeper coach in the lounge, it sleeps up to 8 people. Three bathrooms. Lounge – a fire-place, a library
and cupboard full of games. Dining room. Kitchen fully equipped. Covered patio with braai area and outdoor dining table.
SUNFLOWER COTTAGE: Sunflower Cottage was designed to capture the spirit of the Cape. With a large, open-plan living area and a wide covered patio, it is
a comfortable house where you will relax completely. There are 2 bedrooms – one with a double bed and the other with 2 single beds. One bathroom with bath and
shower. Open-plan living area and lounge with fire-place. Fully equipped kitchen. Covered patio with braai area.
- Fresh linen and towels are provided
- Cleaning services can be arranged at a fee
- Firewood and braai wood
- Fresh farm mild and eggs are available on site
Pets: Well behaved dogs, cats, parrots, gold fish – everyone's welcome. Old Cottage is surrounded by a low fence of 1.2 metres.
From R280 pppn for up to 4 people; add thereafter R170 pn (Minimum 2 nights)
- Fishing (3 dams)
- Bird Watching
Things to do in the area:
- Leeukloof is a quite, secluded valley in the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains. Great destination for birding, hiking, MTB, off-road motor
cycling. Swimming in the clear waters of the Bosmans River.
- Leeukloof Cheeses: neighbors – make cheeses by hand
- Eight Bells Mountain Inn. 9 km from Blommekloof. Restaurant, hiking and mountain biking trails
- Ruiterbos Farm Stall. Restaurant and art gallery, general dealer
- Outeniqua Moon Percheron Stud. Giant working horses, cart horse rides with tea and cakes
- Robinson Pass
- Mossel Bay. Beaches, deep sea fishing carters, shark cage diving, scuba diving and snorkeling, whale & dolphin watching, cruises and trips around
Seal Island. Golf Club. St Blaize Hiking Trail. Bartolomeu Dias Museum complex, ATKV-Hartenbos museum of the Great Trek, The Barn Mossel bay
- Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar near Herbertsdale for wine tasting
- Klein Karoo Wine Route
- Cango Caves
- Visit / tours to Ostrich Farms
- Diaz Express. Scheduled services and rail excursions along the coast in restored power vans
Oudtshoorn 55km / Mossel Bay 35km / George 70km / Knysna 130km / Cape Town 420km / Port Elizabeth 400km