BOHLOKWA PRIVATE NATURE RESERVE
This stunning private nature reserve is just 2 hours outside Johannesburg and 1 hour's drive from Pretoria. It is 30km east of Bronkhorstspruit, next to the Wilge
River. The reserve property is situated on 2 500ha+ of unspoilt Highveld grassland, with rocky outcrops and spectacular wetlands. The word BOHLOKWA means "most
valued". True to its name this is a piece of pristine diversity.
Bohlokwa is considered one of the best places to see plains of game, with fantastic sightings of Kudu, Impala, Burchell's Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Springbok,
Warthogs and Eland. Brown Hyena, Serval, Caracal, Honey Badger and Black-backed Jackal are more secretive and only seen in the early morning or late afternoons. The
variety of game roaming the vast open plains is staggering.
The Wilge River offers a variety of fish species, which include large and small scale Yellow fish, Canary Kurper, VleiKurper and Sharp-toothed Catfish.
There are 2 separate Private Bush Camps / houses: Tholo House for 4 pax and Bambanani House for 4-6 pax. All facilities and private amenities, electricity, fully
equipped kitchens, self catered, braai facilities, linen and towels provided. NO Tv's.
- The property has it all if nature is your passion, spectacular views, unrivalled game viewing, and wonderful bird watching opportunities.
- The real beauty of Bohlokwa is that visitors can walk and experience nature first hand on our self guided nature walks and easy to follow dirt roads for
mountain biking - bring own bikes.
- This is the serious photographer's dream. You can come very close to all the beautiful animals roaming freely.
- You can do game viewing (dirt roads) with your own vehicle.
- Our brilliant night skies will add to your unforgettable, peaceful, "back to nature" experience. The only noise that will "disturb" you might be the call of a
jackal and your crackling camp fire at night or the numerous birds announcing the break of a wonderful new day.
- Our visitors are also allowed to drive back to Ezemvelo's Day visitors terrain (3km) for a picnic and a swim in the big swimming pool.
- Here you can also stock up your basic necessities (wood, milk, sweets and cool drinks) at Ezemvelo's kiosk.
Adults R360.00, Children U/12 R260.00 per night
Pensioners R260.00 per night
Midweek (Mon - Thu / Low Season) R320.00 per adult, R220.00 per child U/12 per night
So, why wait? Bring your camera and binoculars and book your perfect break a way now!