BONNIEDALE GUEST FARM
Bonniedale is a 1650ha Fynbos farm, situated in the Attaquaskloof in the Outeniqua Mountains between Mossel Bay and Oudtshoorn, surrounded by the Attaquaskloof
FARM HOUSE: The Farmhouse has a family room with en-suite bathroom and also a double/twin room. There is a large chalet with four en-suite bedrooms and
open plan lounge with fireplace, bar area, kitchen and dining room. In the courtyard is an open fireplace for cooking and socializing. In front of the chalet is
a swimming pool and kiddies pool. Guests can bring their own bedding or bedding can be provided.
CHALET: This chalet can accommodate up to 16 people and the kitchen is fully equipped for self-caterers.
CARAVANS: There are 4 equipped caravans with own ablutions.
TENTED CAMP: 7 Tents sleeping up to 42 people, with communal Lapa and Kitchen Tent, including a gas fridge and stove. The tented accommodation offers
place for groups, families and couples.
CAMP SITES: The Kamma-River Camp offers space to camp, braai-facilities and all ablutions.
PRIVATE CAMP SITES: 2 Secluded camps with own ablutions, under roof seating, solar powered lights and gas burner with kettle.
Children welcome and pet friendly!
No electricity - Oil lamps, gas and solar lights in ablutions.
- 4x4 Trails: Enjoy the challenge of over 35 km of 4x4 trails, easy parts as well as steep sections and water sections in the Kamma-River. We also issue permits
for the 20km historical ox wagon trail through the adjoining Attaquas Nature Reserve.
- Hiking: Bonniedale is well-known for its variety of plants ("fynbos"), mammals and birds. It is a paradise for ornithologists but you will also find other
animals living in their natural surroundings.
- Different kinds of antelope (Rheebuck, Steenbuck, Bushbuck, Klipspringer, etc.), baboons, porcupines, and in a lucky moment even Kudu, lynx, hyena or leopard
can be observed. Explore the farm and its environs on extended hiking trails.
- Dam: Enjoy a swim and canoeing or try your luck in at fishing! Try our swing bridge. Enjoy the water and the sun on our paddle boats or just camp and relax. Or
enjoy a little adrenaline on our 130m foefie-slide.
- Khoisan Rock Art sites
- Rock Pools in the river
- School groups (various activities)
- Conferences and Weddings
- Mountain Biking
To do in the area:
- Leeukloof: A quite, secluded valley in the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains.
- Great destination for birding, hiking, MTB, off-road motor cycling.
- Swimming in the clear waters of the Bosmans River.
- Leeukloof Cheeses: neighbors - make cheeses by hand
- Eight Bells Mountain Inn - 9 km from Blommekloof - restaurant, hiking and mountain biking trails
- Ruiterbos Farm Stall - restaurant and art gallery, general dealer
- Outeniqua Moon Percheron Stud - giant working horses, cart horse rides with tea and cakes
- Robinson Pass
- Mossel Bay: Beaches, Deep sea fishing Carters, shark cage diving, Scuba diving and snorkeling, whale and dolphin watching, cruises and trips around Seal
Island. Golf Club. St Blaize Hiking Trail. Bartolomeu Dias Museum Complex, ATKV-Hartenbos Museum of the Great Trek, The Barn Mosselbay
- Jakkalsvlei Private Cellar: near Herbertsdale - wine tasting
- Klein Karoo Wine Route
- Cango Caves
- Visit / tours to Ostrich Farms
- Diaz Express - scheduled services and rail excursions along the coast in restored power vans
Distances to/from - Oudtshoorn 55km / Mossel Bay 40km / George 80km / Knysna 150km / Cape Town 440km / Port Elizabeth 420km
Day Visitors: R120.00 per person.
Camping with own tent: R130.00 p/p/p/ night – all ages
Private camp sites with own ablutions: R180.00 p/p/p/n – all ages
Our tented Camp and Our Caravans: R180.00 p/p/p/n – all ages
Guest House rooms (B&B): R480.00 p/p/p/n – all ages.