BUSHBUCK HILLS GAME FARM
Bushbuck Hills Eco Farm is a magnificent game farm nestled in a series of hills surrounding the North-West town of Swartruggens. To the north, the Pilansburg mountains and game
reserve is within sight, while a mere 60 km drive will take you to the gates of Sun City. The farm is just two hours away from Gauteng on the N4 highway.
With no dangerous animals on the farm, Bushbuck Hills Eco Farm is a paradise for nature lovers. The farm offers various walking and hiking trails and an abundance of bird species for
bird watchers. Utility quad bikes are also allowed on the farm whilst mountain bike and 4x4 enthusiasts can also enjoy themselves on the various tracks.
At Bushbuck Hills Eco Farm you can get close to kudu, impala, blue wildebeest, zebra, gemsbok, eland, red hartebeest, waterbuck, mountain reedbuck, blesbok, warthog and all the other
Bushbuck Hills Game Farm offers a variety of accommodation options for small to medium sized groups, whether it be for a corporate break-away, conference, management workshop, year-end
function, or social gathering. The game farm is also ideal for family reunions or a group of friends seeking to celebrate a weekend in nature with all the everyday necessities available
- A DSTV dish is available at all the main accommodation units; please bring your own decoder, remotes and subscription cards.
- The accommodation units are equipped with basic fixtures, crockery, cutlery and bedding.
- The bedding includes pillows, summer fitted sheets, duvets and blankets. Please bring own flat summer sheets if preferred.
- Hand towels are supplied.
KAREE (Old farmhouse, sleeps 10)
3 Bedrooms: 1st bedroom with double bed and on-suite bathroom (bath and shower). Second bedroom with 2 single beds; third bedroom with double bed. Sharing bathroom (bath only) and
separate toilet. Kitchen with fridge, freezer, stove and microwave and equipped with basic crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils. Dining room and TV in living room. Lovely stoep with
a view towards mountain range and with build-in braai. Small outside boma-braai, and 4 carports. Separate flat with double bed and 2 single beds, with on-suite bathroom (shower).
BUSH CAMP & Conference Centre (sleeps 30)
4x on-suite 4-bed rondavels containing two single and one bunk bed and 4x two-bed rondavels containing two single beds. A bathroom is shared between each two of the two-bed rondavels.
Dining hall/communal kitchen with fridge, freezer, stove, microwave and equipped with basic crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils. Boma. Small swimming pool.
BUSH CAMP CHALET (sleeps 6)
3 Bedrooms, Main bedroom with double bed and on-suite bathroom (bath and shower). 2nd and 3rd rooms with two single beds each and sharing a bathroom (shower). Open plan kitchen with
fridge, stove and microwave and equipped with basic crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils. Living room with TV. Private braai area.
A Conference hall is available on site to cater for all conference or "Bosberaad" requirements. Bushcamp units may be booked separately, but will share communal kitchen and Boma.
WILD OLIVE COTTAGE (sleeps 6)
2 Bedrooms, Main bedroom with on-suite bathroom, sleeps 4 (1 double bed and 1 bunk bed) and 2nd room with 2 single beds. Separate bathroom with shower. Kitchen with fridge, stove and
microwave and equipped with basic crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils. Dining/TV room. One carport. Located within active farmyard area.
MARLOTHI CABIN (Mountain cabin, Sleeps 4 – but 2 extra beds can be arranged)
Accessible by 4x4 only. Ideal for the adventurer! Need to make a fire in the "donkey" for warm water. No electricity but battery pack will be supplied for 12 Volt lights. Two rooms ,
one with 2 single beds and another with a bunk bed. Toilet, shower and small kitchen area and outside porch. Need to bring your own crockery, cutlery, bedding and towels.
- There are different hiking trails at Bushbuck Hills. The trails are a series of loops for local weekend visitors as well as a 2-day fully-fledged hike for hikers.
- The Farm offers different 4x4 routes for both the novices and experienced drivers to explore the farm in an exciting and challenging way. The mountain terrain of the farm is a
superior 4×4 trail destination with some spectacular views.
- We offer a unique quad biking experience with adventure, unforgettable game viewing and beautiful scenery – just bring your own quad!
- Beginners or casual riders mountain bike trails are clearly marked and rated on the farm.
Other paid activities can be requested and arranged beforehand:
- Game drives including light refreshments
- Rifle target shooting
- Guided game walks incl light refreshments
View our Rates