GALAGO PRIVATE BUSH LODGE
Galago Private Bush Lodge is set in 17 hectare of pure bushveld just 16 km from Bela Bela (Warm Baths) on the R516, Thabazimbi road, only a hour from
PTA and 1.5 hours from JHB.
This is an ideal setting for small private group functions and secluded get-a-ways. The only "bush" traffic you will hear are our birds and small game and the
only "bush" lights you will see are our stunning sunsets, camp fires and magnificent star light nights!
Our camp consists out of 4x comfortable en-suite chalets for 2 to 15 holiday makers. (There are 2x 2-bed chalets, 1x 4-bed chalet, and 1x 7-bed chalet)
Njala: 1x double bed, 2x single beds (self-catering unit)
Duiker: 1x double bed (self-catering unit)
Bushbuck: 1x double bed (self-catering unit)
Impala: 2x double beds, 2x single beds and a sleeper couch (self-catering unit)
- Each chalet has its own bathroom with a flush toilet, hand basin and shower, hot and cold water, linen and towels are provided. Bring own swimming towels.
- All the chalets have: bar fridges, coffee and tea stations, kettles, ceiling fans, loose standing / portable braais.
- Cooking and socializing can be done at the communal lapa, which has a bar counter, chest freezer, microwave, 2 plate stove, toaster, crockery, cutlery, all
cooking utensils, wash up basins (hot and cold water) dining table and chairs and braai facilities. Extra outside braai facilities at the swimming pool.
- There is a swimming pool, and paths through the bush to see the resident duiker, some small game, abundant bird life and game on the adjoining farms.
- Wood and ice are provided free of charge.
- There is uncapped internet for your use.
Low season: Adults R300, Children U/12 R180, Children U/4 free
High season: Adults R350, Children U/12 R220, Children U/4 free
All rates per person per night
Camping and Caravan sites
We are proud on our 4 new exclusive standard size camping sites. These sites do have their own private bathroom with small kitchen. The stands are serviced with
water and electricity. The camping site has its own swimming pool and lapa. The impala wonders freely between the sites. If you want to be on your own this is
Camp sites close to chalets with communal ablutions: R300 per night (4 persons max)
Camp sites with private ablutions: R500 per night (4 persons max)
- On-site Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Family bathroom
- Heated swimming pool
Activities and places of interest nearby if you want to do more than just linger around and completely relax in our camp:
- You can visit the elephant and cheetah sanctuaries which are only 10km from our camp.
- Mabula Game Farm and Mabalingwe nature reserve. There is a golf course nearby and of course the Hot Springs in the area (16km from us).