KUMBAGANA GAME LODGE & BLACK EAGLE HIKING TRAILS
This stunning privately owned game lodge is situated on the northern slopes of the Magaliesberg Mountain, only an hour and a half from Gauteng and half an hour
from Hartbeespoortdam - and is approximately 15 km from the Buffelspoort dam.
A variety of game can be seen on the farm: Common Duiker, Kudu, Nyala, Giraffe, Zebra, Sable, Waterbok, Gemsbok, Eland, Blouwildebees, Rooihartbees, Springbok,
Blesbok, Warthog, Steenbok, Ostrich, Emu's, Jackal, Monkeys and Baboons to name but a few.
We have 10x comfortable chalets which can sleep a maximum of 4 people. The main area has a double or 2 single beds, and in a separate room: two bunk beds/singles.
Each chalet is completely self-catering and has everything you may need, including a bar fridge, toaster, kettle, mini oven/stove etc. It also includes cutlery and
crockery enough for a party of four. Pots and pans with all needed utensils are available. The bathroom has a toilet, wash basin and shower. All linen is provided
except for swimming towels, so please bring your own. Each chalet also has its own braai facility, (Braai wood provided) safe parking aswell as a spectacular view
of our wildlife. There are no TV's as we would like our guests to enjoy the tranquil nature, peace and serenity.
The Lovers Rock Suite:
This romantic chalet is most popular for its perfect setting next to rock pools and unforgettable wildlife roaming the bush outside your door. Beautifully finished
with all the necessary equipment you may need froma self-catering unit. Fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with, as well as a calming outdoor shower. Whether it is
your honeymoon night or just a romantic breakaway, this will be the experience of a lifetime.
The Black Eagle Group/Hikers Camp:
This accommodation is perfect for larger groups, hiking/school/youth/church camps, family reunions, informal functions, team building etc. The house has 31 bunk
beds divided into 3 open plan rooms, there are 4 bathrooms, with a variety of showers and baths. Minimum 15 persons. Black Eagle has a fully equipped kitchen with
tin crockery, glasses and cutlery. Oven, stove and fridge. Spacious lounge and dining area, perfect for those fun gatherings. Outside you will find a big boma to
top off the perfect night with the sounds of various wild animals.
- There is big sparkling, cold water swimming pool and a "kiddies" pool.
- Bring your mountain bikes and enjoy our marked dirt roads and trails.
- Game viewing – book an exciting ride on our open 4x4 game viewing vehicle.
- Lots of extraordinary photography possibilities: not only of our beautiful game but also our sunsets, panoramic views, interesting rock formations, deep gorges,
small cascades and natural rock pools will keep you stunned.
- More games and activities available for bigger youth/ school/ church groups.
- We have a small kiosk with basic goods at the reception: ice, cool drinks, ice cream and extra wood for sale.
- Conferences & Team building.
- 3x Excellent, well maintained, clearly marked day circular hiking trails.
- ROUTE 1: 4 km - The shortest of the three trails. The route covers the escarpment and the top of Hammerkop Kloof. It will take the average hiker two hours to
- ROUTE 2: 6 km - This is a beautiful trail but more recommended for the more experienced and fit hiker. This route requires a down climb to the Hammerkop kloof. A
steep hill amongst indigenous shrubs, trees and a lazy stream accompany you up a steep trail the takes you back to the top of the hill. In the rainy season hikers
are greeted with beautiful waterfalls and flora.
- ROUTE 3: 9 km - The route twists and turns up the crest of the Magaliesberg Mountain. Once you have reached the top, you suddenly experience a feeling of "being
on top of the world". Scenic panoramic views await you while catching your breath. The trail, back to camp, meanders through indigenous vegetation and interesting
rock formations. This is a good average hike for real nature lovers.
View our Rates