LA LUNA COTTAGES
La Luna private cottages are situated 6 km outside Montagu on the R62.
Montagu is a town in the Western Cape province of South Africa, about 180 km from Cape Town on the R62, in western Kannaland. It is named after former secretary of the Cape Colony, John Montagu, but was once
known as Agter Cogman's Kloof, Cogman's Kloof linking the town and railway station. It is situated at the confluence of the Keisie and Kingna rivers.
This perfect getaway in the Langeberg, near the Robertson Wine Valley and not far from the Breede River Valley, takes some time to explore.
(There are 2 cottages, both with stunning views on a working sheep farm.)
4-BED COTTAGE: This cute cottage accommodates 4 persons. Two separate bedrooms – one with a double bed, another with 2 single beds. Linen and towels provided. One bathroom with shower. Open plan lounge,
kitchen and lounge area. Fully equipped kitchen. Cozy fire-place for the cold winter nights. Undercover braai area on the stoep.
8-BED COTTAGE: This lovely cottages accommodates 8 people. Three separate bedrooms – main bedroom with a double bed, bath and basin,second bedroom with 2 single beds and a third bedroom with 2 bunker beds.
Linen and towels provided. One bathroom with shower. Open plan lounge, kitchen and lounge area. Fully equipped kitchen. Cozy fire-place for the cold winter nights. Braai facilities.
Rates: R190 p.p.p.n Kids U/12 R110 p.n Kids U/4 free
At La Luna
- A lovely 6 km hiking trail, mountain biking (own bikes)
In the area
- You are on the R62 with easy access to all the Wine Estates
- Perfect setting when visiting the Wacky Wine Festival
- Visit the Montagu Museum
- Do the Montagu Dried Fruit Route
- Visit Cogman's kloof
- Visit the Montagu Guano Cave Resort (tractor rides to the cave, horse riding and for the kids: their Animal Touch Farm)
- Visit Olijvenhof Olive Estate – 18 km from Montagu
- Visit Montagu Mountain Reserve - The Montagu Mountain Reserve is a proclaimed local authority nature reserve that adjoins the north, west and southern boundary of the town. The Reserve measures some 2000
hectares in extent and comprises a tapestry of extreme topography, rich in pristine flora and fauna
- You are close to the Breede River – Fishing, rafting, quad and mountain biking, 4x4 trails etc
Need more reasons to escape to La Luna?