Situated in the Elands Valley 6 km from Waterval Boven, Marlothi Chalets has been part of the community for over half a century. Originally established by Dr Vos
as a family business which has florished over the years. Currently being run by his son, Werner and his wife, Marlothi Chalets offers visitors a peaceful retreat
from the everyday grind.
Their lush gardens and indigenous trees are a wonder to look at. Plus, right on your doorstep are any number of pleasant day walks through
verdant forests and slow hikes to waterfalls where you can picnic and enjoy the peaceful tranquility of the outdoors.
There are 6x 5-bed chalets and 1x 8-bed chalet - all self catering. Each chalet comes fully equipped with a kitchen on hand, they even supply facilities for outside
braai if you want to really feel like you are in the bush. Boasting a 3-star rating Marlothi Chalets give you everything you might want on a home away from home
6x 5-BED CHALETS: Downstairs 1 bedroom with double bed and one single bed. The loft upstairs has two single beds. One bathroom with bath tub, toilet and hand basin.
Semi-open plan. Fully equipped kitchen. Braai area outside. Carport for vehicle. Bedding and wood supplied. Just bring own towels.
1x 8-BED CHALET: Three bedrooms – two with 3 single beds and one with 2 single beds. Two bathrooms – one with a bathtub and another with a shower. Lounge area. Fully
equipped kitchen. Braai area outside. Carport for vehicle. Bedding and wood supplied. Just bring own towels.
Rates: R260 pppn U/12 R140 pn (Minimum 2 nights)
Hall and Lapa: Extra 12 beds (own linen) ideal for hiking groups. Kitchen, lapa and braai area. Ablutions with showers and bath tubs, toilets, hand basins.
Rates: R160 pppn U/12 R110 pn
What to do?
- Trout fishing
- Swimming pool
- Cash bar
- Two marked out hiking trails to the Elands river and waterfalls
- Nestled in the foothills of the Drakensberg, the quaint town of Waterval Boven boasts a number of historical places and exciting entertainment venues for
visitors to enjoy.
- Rock climbing: Waterval Boven is world renown for the superb rock climbing opportunities. Many enthusiasts come from all around the world to enjoy our unique
- Horse trails: Open spaces and wonderful scenery makes this pastime a must do at Kaapschehoop.
- Additionally Waterval Onder is ideally situated for you to do day trips to Kaapsche Hoop to view the wild horses, and a short hop to the Kruger National Park for
a day visit. Plus you can organise a special treat and visit the world famous Adam's Calender.