MILORHO LODGE & TRAILS
Milorho Lodge is nestled comfortably on the northern slopes of the Magaliesburg mountains, between Hartbeespoortdam and Rustenburg, which happens to be the second
oldest mountain range in the world. Our pristine and tranquil reserve is home to a large endemic flora system, bursting with a beautiful array of bird and wildlife.
We offer over 600 hectares of vast beautiful kloofs and awe-inspiring rock pools for you to experience the freedom of nature through comfortable walks or exciting
trails. Relax and enjoy your freedom.
5x Luxury cottages. The Cottages are self catering and are fully equipped and have cosy fireplaces for the cold winter nights. Each cottage has its own
private patio with a braai area. Linen, crisp white bath sheets and amenities are provided for your convenience. A sleeping cot can be provided on request. Cottages
are 100 m away from the rock pools.
Full service – making beds, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, sweeping, and hanging out towels. Linen and towels are changed with a
free service after four consecutive nights. Servicing must be booked in advance through our office. As many of our guests prefer complete privacy and do not want
staff "invading" them, servicing is offered as an optional extra.
Kitchens: All our kitchens are equipped with a gas stove and oven, microwave, gas stove kettle, toaster, coffee percolator, fridge, cutlery and crockery and are
all state of the art.
Bathrooms: All main bathrooms have Victorian baths to relax in. Crisp white bath sheets and amenities are provided.
Midweek - R400 ppppn Kids U/12 R200 pn U/4 Free
Weekends - R500 pppn Kids U/12 R250 pn U/4 Free
Day Visitors - R100 pp
BOEKENHOUT Cottage: sleeps 2 persons and is built from stone and it includes king-size bedroom, an open plan kitchen and lounge, with a private patio and braai
WITSTINKHOUT Cottage: sleeps 2 persons and is built from stone and has a queen-size bedroom and bathroom, an open plan kitchen and lounge, with a private
patio and braai area.
KIAAT Cottage: Kiaat (Honeymoon) cottage, sleeps 2 persons and is built from stone, and it includes queen-size bedroom, an open plan kitchen and lounge, with
a private patio and braai area.
WILD OLIVE Cottage: (Family) cottage, sleeps 6 persons and is a larger unit built from stone. It includes a main bedroom downstairs with a queen-size bed and
separate bathroom. An open plan kitchen (includes a breakfast nook) and lounge, with a private patio and braai area. Upstairs there are two bedrooms each with 2 x 3/4
beds and a bathroom. Wild Olive has an inter-leading door with Red Ivory for bigger groups of people.
RED IVORY Cottage: sleeps 6 persons and is a larger unit built from stone. It has a main bedroom downstairs with a queen-size bed and bathroom. It has an
open plan kitchen and lounge with a fireplace for colder winter nights. Red Ivory has an inter-leading door with Wild Olive for bigger groups of people.
- Rock Pools 100m from Cotttages
- Picnic Area
- Wedding Chapel
- Conference Centre
- Camping Sites under construction – open 1 Nov
- Hartbeespoort is 29 min from the accommodations, while Magaliesburg is 15 min away. The nearest airport is Lanseria International Airport, 34 min from Milorho
- HIKING TRAILS: Green Trail 12 km, Brown Trail 5 km - Enjoy the pristine Magaliesburg at its best with a variety of indigenous flora, animals and birds.The
trails offer a wide range of terrain en ecosystems. The hikes are unique in that they pass through a gorge, rock pools and waterfalls. There are iron age buildings
on the farm and the rock formations are out of this world.
IN THE AREA:
- Canopy Tours
- Mountain Sanctuary Park - 6.8 min / 10.9 km
- Buffelspoort Lake - 7.2 min / 11.6 km
- Buffellspoort Valley Information Center - 9.8 min / 15.8 km
- Waterfall Mall - 17.6 min / 28.3 km
- Rustenburg Golf Club - 20.7 min / 33.3 km
- Kgaswane Mountain Reserve - 22.1 min / 35.6 km
- Olympia Park Stadium - 23 min / 37 km
- Lebone II - College of the Royal Bafokeng - 28.6 min / 46 km
- Bush Babies Monkey Sanctuary - 32.2 min / 51.9 km