RIVERDECK LODGE & Backpackers Accommodation
A hidden gem high up alongside the river's edge overlooking the Goukamma River and its lush emerald banks, lined with numerous indigenous forest trees in the shade of the old Wild Figs.
The Riverdeck Backpackers & Restaurant is situated 15 km from Knysna and 15 km from Sedgefield, at the Buffalo Bay turn off – the ideal overnight stop for hikers and even holiday
goers. The Riverdeck is only 4 km from the popular Buffalo Bay Beach.
Backpackers Accommodation (total of 30 beds - linen provided)
- A-framed cabanas: 2x cabanas, each with one double bed)
- Tents: 4x tents, 3 with 2 single beds and one with a double bed
- Wooden cabanas: 4 with 2 single beds, 2 with 3 singles and one with 4 single beds
- Communal fully equipped kitchen, lounge, dining area and boma with braai facilities – cutlery and crockery included, big fridge
- Ablutions: showers, basins and toilets
RATES: (per unit per night)
All 2-bed Units: Low Season R350 p unit / High Season R410 p unit
All 3-bed Units: Low Season R330 p unit / High Season R380 p unit
All 4-bed Units: Low Season R430 p unit / High Season R480 p unit
6 people - hut with double bed and 2 tents with 2 singles in each. Fully equipped for self-catering, braai area.
Low Season R1650 per night (1-6 persons) High Season R2200 per night
Luxury Guest Rooms
4x Fully equipped rooms en suite – double beds.
Low Season R550 per room per night, High Season R750 per unit per night
Low Season R100 pppn, High Season R170 pppn
NB: Safe parking at the premises.
OTHER ACTIVITIES and FACILITIES:
- Restaurant: breakfasts, pizza's, roosterkoeke, pap & vleis, Curry & Rice etc
- Cash Bar & TV
- A large collection of one man, two man canoes, hydro-bikes and paddle boats for hire awaits you including life jackets for your safety. A total of 50 canoes available. Book at
reception. Rates on request.
- SPA Treatments (especially for the tired hikers!) Mini Manicures, Pedicures, foot massages, back massages, on the river edge. Enjoy a slice of cake and coffee or a sundowner while
having your feet or hands massaged. Book at the reception – rates on request.
Coming from PE or Plettenberg – 15 km out of Knysna or coming from Cape Town or George – 15 km out of Sedgefield, take the Buffels Bay Turn-off from the N2, follow about 500 m ,
driving under the Old Train Bridge. You will find River deck Restaurant on your right.